Thank you for your interest in applying to the Summer Language Institute at the University of Chicago! Depending on your student status, there are different ways to apply to SLI.
Registration for Summer 2019 courses ends May 31, 2019, so apply now!
Current and Incoming University of Chicago students
Please visit this page for registration information.
To ensure that space is available in the courses you want, and in university housing, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Applications will be accepted through May 14, 2019. International applicants should submit applications by April 2, 2019 to allow time for visas to be processed.
For visiting students, the application process is entirely online. All of your materials should be submitted electronically through the online application.
We do not accept materials sent in hard copy. You will find additional instructions in each section of the application.
- Admissions decisions for financial aid applicants will be released along with aid offers following the priority and regular deadlines for financial aid.
- Admissions decisions for non-aid applicants are released on a rolling basis. We are generally able to review applications and release decisions within three weeks of receiving all materials.
All students applying to visit the University of Chicago for summer language classes are required to submit:
- a resume or CV
- a transcript from your current institution or most recently attended institution
- an application fee of $40
- some courses require applicants to complete an online placement test or to submit additional supplemental materials prior to admission
Current High School students visiting the University of Chicago will also need to assemble and provide the following materials:
- a statement of purpose
- a current transcript
- one letter of recommendation
- parental permission to submit an application
Again, thank you for your interest in summer language study at the University of Chicago. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org