Thank you for your interest in applying to the Summer Language Institute at the Univeristy of Chicago!
Current University of Chicago students
Please click here for registration information.
The 2017 Summer Language Institute application system is open now!
To ensure that space is available in the courses you want, and in university housing, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Applications will be accepted through May 15, 2017. International applicants should submit applications by April 14, 2017 to allow time for visas to be processed.
Our application process is entirely online. All of your materials should be submitted electronically through this online application. We do not accept materials sent in hard copy. You will find additional instructions in each section of the application.
- Admissions decisions for financial aid applicants will be released along with aid offers following the priority and regular deadlines for financial aid.
- Admissions decisions for non-aid applicants are released on a rolling basis. We are generally able to review applications and release decisions within two weeks of receiving all materials.
All students applying to visit the University of Chicago for summer language classes are required to submit:
- a resume or CV
- a transcript from your current institution or most recently attended institution
- an application fee of $40
- some courses require applicants to complete an online placement test or to submit additional supplemental materials prior to admission
Current High School students visiting the University of Chicago will also need to assemble and provide the following materials:
- a statement of purpose
- a current transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation
- parental permission to submit an application
Again, thank you for your interest in summer language study at the University of Chicago. If you have any questions, please contact us using this form.