BTAA Traveling Scholars & Chicago Metropolitan Exchange Program
Doctoral students at Big Ten Academic Alliance Member Universities are eligible to apply for admission to Summer Language Institute courses through the Traveling Scholars exchange program. Doctoral students at the University of Illinois at Chicago may apply through the Chicago Metropolitan Exchange Program. Traveling Scholars and CMEP participants will be billed regular tuition at their home institutions while they study at UChicago.
- Exchange applications will only be considered for courses which are not available at the student's home institution during the summer.
- Traveling Scholars applicants should be sure to read the eligibility requirements and application information on the BTAA website.
- UIC students should consult the CMEP guidelines for information about the application procedures.
- Applicants should also contact the Academic Exchange Coordinator at the home institution for application materials and to begin the application process. Students from BTAA member universities can find the appropriate campus contact person at this page (bottom right).
- In place of the instructor on the Traveling Scholars or CMEP application, please put the name and contact info for the UChicago Traveling Scholars and CMEP Coordinator, Sandra Jackson (skjackson [at] uchicago.edu). She will ensure that your application is routed to the correct individuals for approval.
- The Summer Language Institute will begin reviewing all complete Traveling Scholars and CMEP applications on April 16, 2018 and will approve applications at that time if space is available in the requested course.
- You do NOT need to apply through the Summer Language Institute application system. Please submit your Traveling Scholars or CMEP application to your home institution only.